Print ISSN 1225-1151
Online ISSN 2234-0793
Revised on September 7, 2018
Effective from February 28, 2019
• Walker and Johnson (2000) compared the differences …
• … (Smith & Gunless, 1988), …
• According to Kim and Park (2002) …
• … (Im & So, 1987), …
• … (Kernis et al., 1993).
• According to Kernis et al. (1993) …
• According to M. Kim (2012)…, and Y. Kim (2012) asserted …
• (E. Johnson, 2001; L. Johnson, 2001)
• (Paul Janet, 1876; Pierre Janet, 1906)
• Kim (2014a), Kim (2014b)
• (Kim, 2008a, 2008b)
• Lee, J. Y., Kim, S., Park, J. H., & Seo, S. S. (2017) …
→ Lee, Kim, Park et al. (2017)
• Lee, J. Y., Kim, D. H., Shin, S., & Lee, H. S. (2017) …
→ Lee, Kim, Shin et al. (2017)
2. Two or more citations by different authors within the same parentheses: Order them alphabetically separated by a semi-colon (;).
• As evidenced in the previous literature (Edeline & Weinberger, 1991, 1993; Kamil, 1988; Kim, 1998; Park & Kim, 2000; Pepperberg et al., 1990) …
3. When the author is an institution: List the name of the institution. If the name of the institution is abbreviated, record the full name of the institution in the first quotation, put the abbreviation in brackets ([ ]), and use the abbreviation starting from the second quotation.
4. Materials without an author specified: Record the title of the book or article instead of the author's name.
• Oxford essential world atlas (2001) …
• … the book College bound seniors (1979)
• … Dictionary of fashion (1995) defines retro style as …
• … on free care ("Study Finds", 1982).
• … a new style ("Y Generation", 1998) …
• ("Culture shock", 2004, para. 3)
5. Citing secondary sources: The original author's name should be listed first and the re-cited documents should be listed in parentheses followed by "as cited in".
6. For direct quotations: If the direct quotation is in the text, along with author and year, indicate the page number: author, year, p. page_number (or, when citing documents with no page number, the number of the paragraph, expressed in the form of para. X)
• Regarding the study of clothing, Lee (2004) asserted that "a true sense of clothing study involves research questions based on everyday curiosities on clothing and the scientific pursuit of answers to such research problems" (p. 19).
• The study of clothing is defined as "the research on questions related to clothing, in which the pursuit of answers to the questions is scientifically carried out" (Lee, 2004, para. 2)
• There are two ways to identify the determinants of the phenomenon: theoretical research methods that infer reasons from the theory, and phenomenological research methods that reason the causal factors by analyzing phenomena. The former is called the deductive method, and the latter is called the inductive method (p. 25).
7. Citing figures: Sources of figures and visual materials cited must be documented. The source should be shown under the heading of the figure (Fig.) in the form of "Adapted [or Reprinted] from AuthorName (year). p. Page. [or URL.] Copyright information." If you have modified the original picture, start with "Adapted from~"; if you use the original, note "Reprinted from~" In the reference list. Cite the source in conformity with the bibliographic guidelines cited above.
8. Citing translated work in the main text: The name of the author and the year of publication of both the original document and the translation should be included in the citation.
9. When citing legislative acts: Titles of legislation should be bracketed by「」
10. Patents: Provide the patent number and the date of issuance of the patent (not the date of filing).
1. Listing by the number of authors:
Kim, M. (2014). …
Kim, M., & Hong, K. D. (2014)
Peter, J. P., Olson, J. C., & Grunert, K. G. (1999). …
Collins, M., Kenedy, B., Forster, B., Morris, M., Cheer, K., Hooper, H., … Jones, J. (2012). Modern Liberia. Cairns, Australia: Allen & Unwin.
Peter, J. P., Olson, J. C., & Grunert, K. G. (1999) …
|English Name of a Korean author||When writing the initial|
|Hong, Kildong||Hong, K. (2015) ....|
|Hong, Kil-Dong||Hong, K.-D. (2015) ....|
|Hong, Kil Dong||Hong, K.-D. (2015) ....|
1. Journal Article
• Song, M. H., & Hwang, J. S. (2008). The effect of fashion leadership on fashion products purchase in surrogate internet shopping mall. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(2), 179−189.
• Lim, G. J., & Lee, M. S. (2011). A study on structural characteristics and objective hand of knit fabrics-A focus on Intarsia and Color Jacquard-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(8), 968−981. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.8.968
• Von Ledebur, S. C. (2007). Optimizing knowledge transfer by new employees in companies. Knowledge Management Research & Practice. Advance online publication. doi:10.1057/palgrave.kmrp.8500141
• Williams, J. (2008). The victims of crime. Sociology Review, 17(4), 30−32. Retrieved from www.philipallan.co.uk/sociologyreview/index.htm
• Guimard, P., & Florin, A. (2007). Les évaluations des enseignants en grande section de maternelle sont-elles prédictives des difficultés de lecture au cours préparatoire? [Are teacher ratings in kindergarten predictive of reading difficulties in first grade?]. Approche Neuropsychologique des Apprentissages chez l'Enfan, 19, 5−17.
• Koh, B. J. (2001). 상암동 출토 전주이씨 익정(1699-1782) 유물 연구 [Study on the textiles of Chunjoo Lee family Ikjung (1699-1782) excavated from Sangamdong]. 한국복식, 19, 83−8159.
2. Newspaper (magazine) articles
• Ryu, S. J. (2015, February 27). Burrkeoru foreign participation show, American bash. Fashionbiz, pp. 5−6.
• Burrkeoru foreign participation show, American bash (2015, Feburary 27). Apparel News, pp. 5−6.
• Burrkeoru foreign participation show, American bash (2015, Feburary). Fashionbiz, pp. 5−6.
• Burrkeoru foreign participation show, American bash (2015, Feburary 27). Fashionbiz, 5−6. Retrieved from http://translate.google.co.kr/translate?hl=ko&sl=ko&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efashionbiz%2Eco %2Ekr%2Fmain%2Easp&sandbox=0&usg=ALkJrhgCzW5pguaG45mmNhw5dAfkYvnhsw
3. Books / Research Reports
(1) When the author is an individual
• Mitchell, T. R., & Larson, J. R., Jr. (1987). People in organizations: An introduction to organizational behavior (3rd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
(2) When the author is an institution
• Australian Bureau of Statistics. (1991). Estimated resident population by age and sex in statistical local areas, New South Wales, June 1990 (No. 3209.1). Canberra, Australian Capital Territory: Author.
• Piaget, J., & Inhelder, B. (1951). La genèse de l'idée de hasard chez l'enfant [The origin of the idea of danger in the child]. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France.
• Kim, Y. H. (1998). 피복재료학 [Textile materials]. Seoul: Jeongmunsa.
• Korea Federation of Textile Industries. (1997). 섬유연감 '97 [Textile yearbook '97]. Seoul: Jeongmunsa.
• Merriam-Webster's collegiate dictionary (10th ed.). (1993). Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster.
• Dictionary of fashion (Rev. ed.). (1995). Seoul: Jeongmunsa.
• Culture shock. (2004). In The Concise Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science. Retrieved from http://www.credoreference.com/entry/wileypsych/culture_shock
→ Citing in text: ("Culture shock," 2004) …
• Laplace, P. S. (1951). A philosophical essay on probabilities (F. W. Truscott & F. L. Emory, Trans.). New York: Dover. (Original work published 1814)
→ Citing in text: Laplace(1814/1951) …
• Shakespeare, W. (1994). Hamlet (J. C. Choi, Trans.). Shakespeare Series, 2. Seoul: Mineumsa. (Original work published 1601)
→ Citing in text: Shakespeare(1601/1994) …
4. For an article or a chapter included in the compilation: Author Name (Year). Title of the article/chapter, In Editor's name (Ed.), Book Title (page number), City and country of Publication: Publisher.
5. When citing a conference presentation:
• Lanktree, C., & Briere, J. (1991, January). Early data on the Trauma Symptom Checklist for Children (TSC-C).
Paper presented at the meeting of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, San Diego, CA.
• Lee, J. H., Choi, H. S., & Do, W. H. (2002, April). Fitness and physical properties in current stretch fabrics for bottoms-Focused on the tight skirt-. Paper presented at the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles Spring Conference, Daejeon.
• Cynx, J., Williams, H., & Nottebohm, F. (1992). Hemispheric differences in avian song discrimination. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 89, 1372−1375.
• Kim, C. S., & Park, Y. H. (2002). Analysis of consumer preference on domestic sportswear trend. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Fall Conference, Korea, 33.
6. Thesis and dissertations: Author Name (Thesis year). Title (Unpublished doctoral dissertation or master's thesis). Name of university, University location.
7. When citing a general website article with an author: Include the entire URL.
• Parker, T. (2008, May 6). Psychiatry handbook linked to drug industry. The New York Times. Retrieved from http://well.blogs.nytimes.com
• Kim, J. W. (2010, December 12). 백제금동대향로 [Gilt-bronze incense burner of Baekje]. Naver. Retrieved from http://navercast.naver.com/contents.nhn?contents_id=4271
• Firstview Korea (n.d.-a). …
• Firstview Korea (n.d.-b). …
• Zacharek, S. (2008, April 27). Natural women [Book review]. The New York Times. Retrieved from http:// www.nytimes.com/2008/04/27/books/review/Zachareck-t.html?pagew anted=2
8. Legal Provisions
• Lessard v. Schmidt, 349 F. Supp. 1078 (E. D. Wis. 1972).
• Durflinger v. Artiles, 563 F. Supp. 322 (D. Kan. 1981), aff'd, 727 F.2d 888 (10th Cir. 1984).
• Verdict: Supreme Court ○○○○, ○○, ○○, Sentence, ○○◇○○, Judgment
•「Mental Health Systems Act」. (1988). 42 U.S.C. § 9401.
•「The Law on Assembly and Demonstration」. (2007). Article 3 Section 1.
•「Act on the Protection of Information and Communications Infrastructure」. (2008). Article 5 Section 2.
9. Patents: Describe the official source of the patent owner's name and patent information.
• Smith, I. M. (1988). U.S. Patent No. 123,445. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
• Kim, J. T. (2004). Paper made out of hemp and the manufacturing method, Korea Patent No. 2004-0012216. Daejeon: Korean Intellectual Property Office.
10. For Audio-visual materials: Author (year). Title [CD-ROM or Motion picture]. Country of Publication: Publisher. The first letter of the CD-ROM title and book title should be capitalized.
• National Folk Museum of Korea (Ed.) (2005). Bracelet, an illustrated book of history and culture the Korean people: Clothing habits [CD-ROM]. Republic of Korea: National Folk Museum of Korea.
• Smith, J. D. (Producer) & Smithee, A. F. (Director). (2001). Really big disaster movie [Motion picture]. U.S.: Paramount Pictures.
1) When citing facsimile editions of classical manuscripts without an author: Book title (Year of facsimile edition publication). (Facsimile edition publishing house, edition number). Facsimile edition publication location: Publisher. (Year of publication of the classical document).
• 국조오례의 [Gukjo-oryeui]. (1979). (Kyungmoonsa, Reprint). Seoul: Kyungmoonsa. (Original work published 1474)
2) For facsimile editions of classical manuscripts with no published year:
Author name (Year of facsimile edition publication). Book title (Facsimile edition publishing house, edition number). Facsimile edition publication location: Publisher. (Estimated date of publication of the old document or n.d.).
3) For old documents without publisher: Author name. (Year of publication). Book title.
• Park, M. S. (1749). 국혼정례 [Kuk Hon Geong Rea].
4) Classical materials available on the Internet
For classical document series: Include the main URL of the classical document.
• National Institute of Korean History. (2005-2015). 朝鮮王朝實錄 [The annals of the Joseon dynasty]. Retrieved from http://sillok.history.go.kr/main/main.jsp